Monday, June 05, 2006

Rabin Ezra

Rabin Ezra

I had picked up a copy of the latest Burnout (revenge ) for PS/2 recently, and finally got to try it yesterday, and I had a shock when I saw one of the screens dedicated to Rabin.

I had worked for Criterion since around 2001, but took a break from 2004-2005. So I guess this explains why I had not heard about this before.

I worked at the US office of Criterion, and one of my roles was supporting Renderware customers. Rabin was usually the port of call for the toughest PS2 low level queries...usually when other engineers had given up on figuring out what was going wrong. I smiled when I read the post about his 40 page PhD submission...it does sound like Rabin. Why waste words when you can express yourself more succintly.

Being that I was in the US office, we did not meet that often, but I remember a lunch we had in San Antonio when he was there for a Siggraph. I was there to introduce our consultant engineer (Chucky) to the UK development team. Somehow we started discussing politics, and I saw another side to Rabin. He would come up with sensible, rational explanations to events and would calm the discussion down. We need more Rabins in this world !

2 comments:

Mel Slater said...

you might like to see
www.rabinezra.info

and post something on the associated blog

Fazeel said...

Thx Mel. I cannot figure out how to post to that blog... :-(